Mt Carmel Worship Center

Faith - Family -Fellowship

The History of Mt Carmel

The story of Mt Carmel is not just about a building or a congregation, it is a story about a family's legacy of dedicating their lives to God's will. Mt Carmel Holy Church of America was incorporated by our founders in January 1935. The Craft family were all working members of Mt. Calvary Holy Church, while working there for the Lord, God began to birth in Bishop and Mother Craft the vision of a new church named Mt. Carmel. Bishop and Mother Craft had four children who could sing and two of their children could also play instruments. It all began in a little store front...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The original edifice was located at 533 East Long Street, Columbus, Ohio. The building was a large store front with plate glass windows. There was an old fashioned pot belly stove that sat in the middle of the floor and old fashioned loving spirit radiated throughout the building. The Spirit of God was as hot as the pot belly stove on a cold winter's night. Unfortunately, the building was sold and Mt. Carmel needed a new home.